The shortest path to more revenue is through more conversions, not more traffic.
Getting more traffic is expensive and does not guarantee more conversions. Improving conversions is the most direct way to decrease the cost of acquiring new customers. According to Rand Fishkin, founder and CEO of MOZ, “Conversion rate optimization is the most under-utilized and highest ROI activity in marketing.”
Conversion rates can be improved rapidly and inexpensively.
With the right approach, conversion rates can often be increased by 200% to 500% within a few months. Landing page optimization alone often increases conversions by 25%.
Improving conversions brings considerable benefits.
- A lower cost of acquisition, i.e., more customers for free.
- More money available for PPC bids, CTR, and affiliate commissions.
- More profits: a 20% in conversion rate can result in a 200% increase in profits, because the profit from the additional conversions goes directly to the bottom line.
We help clients improve conversion rates at key stages in a buyer’s journey
We test and optimize all interactions expected to drive conversions. This includes the online and offline media that drive online traffic: stores, catalogs, social media, telemarketing, as well as the websites and devices. We optimize at each step in the buyer’s journey:
- Visiting the company’s website after coming from organic search or PPC.
- Visiting a detailed product page.
- Clicking on “Add to Cart” (e-commerce) or taking the desired action (lead generation).
- Clicking on “Buy Now” (e-commerce).
- Increasing the value of the order (e-commerce).
- Returning for more purchases (or for more desired actions such as in lead gen, and downloading more educational content).
- Becoming an advocate for the brand.
We help clients to improve the critical factors that drive conversions:
- Quality and volume of traffic
- Motivation of users
- Quality and impact of value proposition and messaging
- Persuasiveness of process and content
- Friendliness of user experience since we remove ambiguities, frictions and distractions
- Competitively superior “coolness” of the site’s design and UX (industry-specific)
- Trust for the brand created through testimonials, reviews, ratings, and accreditations
Our process for optimizing conversions is proven and effective:
- Assess goals, strategies, tactics, methods, tools, metrics, and resources in use.
- Map channels and paths, identify key touchpoints.
- Gather insights about user experiences.
- Analyze conversion rates and assess against benchmarks.
- Reformulate goals and metrics.
- Outline hypotheses for optimization.
- Create a testing plan.
- Conduct testing experiments.
- Formulate recommendations for optimization.
- Implement them, measure again, and keep improving.
We rely on the methods most effective to improve conversions:
- Value proposition and content analysis
- Customer journey analysis
- Funnel metrics analysis
- Site analytics
- Expert usability reviews
- User surveys and feedback analysis
- Usability testing
- On- and off-site SEO audit
- PPC effectiveness audit
- Cart abandonment analysis
- Competitor benchmarking
- Segmentation audit
- Abandonment emails analysis
- A/B testing