Jean-Marie Bonthous, Seamless Social
When I mention “SlideShare” clients often ask “What for?”. SlideShare is often seen as just a place to upload your presentations. Like a static, online repository where presentations go to die or rarely be viewed, after they have been shown to a client.
There is a lot more to SlideShare. We have identified 12 remarkable benefits:
1) You piggyback on SlideShare’s domain authority. A SlideShare presentation is a much easier to get to a high search engine ranking than your blog. And you can target the same keyword as your blog.
2) SlideShare transcribes the text in your presentation and Google reads it.
And SlideShare indexes super fast. Last week we uploaded a presentation for a client, 5 minutes later it was on Google page 1 for the right keyword. SlideShare maximized the results of the content marketing campaign we were running for the client.
3) When you fill in your information, you can use the text for account, title, description, tags, and category for your SEO. Their categories of info (tags, titles..) align with search engines.
4) SlideShare allows you to embed a playlist of your presentations into your site or blog, LinkedIn and Facebook .And your SlideShare presentations can automatically be posted on your Linkedin and Facebook account when people arrive.
5) You can upload videos on SlideShare, including HD, and a lot more than presentations: media kits, etc..
6) Great analytics dashboard: you get stats on viewers, referrers, search keywords and more. With the “Buzz Tracking” feature, you can see who is sharing your uploads on Twitter and Facebook.
7) The free basic gives you unlimited public uploads (up to 10MB each).
8) Slideshare embeds a lead generation form inside your presentation, in the middle or at the end (your choice). If you use the basic, you get up to 30 leads a month but you can’t customize the form. The “LeadShare” lead capture tool is but throttled in the Pro account. However. for $19, you get unlimited uploads, private uploads, analytics, buzz tracking, no ads on your content, 30 leads per month and LinkedIn extras. With the Pay-Per-Lead option, there is no limit. There is a case study of Personal Medicine, a start up which now relies 100% on SlideShare for lead generation, and claims a 100% close rate on leads from LeadShare.
9) Google+ Hangouts and SlideShare. Google+ Hangouts are a great place for people to connect online. Now, sharing slides live is possible with the Google+ Hangouts SlideShare App. Whether you’re in a conference presentation or collaborating with a group, with this new app you and your friends & colleagues around the world can present and discuss SlideShare content in real time.
10) SlideShare is a social network where you can connect with people. You can see who has favorited your presentation, or embedded it. You can view their profile and their slides, send them a personal message asking to connect. You can search for keywords for your topics of interest, post thoughtful comments and offer feedback
11) SlideShare allows you to create branded networks. This gives you a way to curate content from your employees and partners on one branded page.
12) SlideShare integrates with SalesForce and Eloqua, it captures the profile of visitors and imports them into your CRM platform.
Do you see other benefits in using SlideShare to strengthen your online footprint and influence? We would love to hear from you.
Download the free eBook: Lead Management & Marketing Automation
Photo courtesy of Hallvard E. via Flick’s Creative Commons